Thursday, May 30, 2013

Blog Trailer

I've always wondered why they call movie trailers, well, movie trailers. I mean, a movie trailer should be like what the movie stars stay in while on set.

...and a trailer is something that follows something, not something that comes before something. I'm sure I could Google it and come up with the reason why movie trailers are called movie trailers, but it's more fun to guess.

I think they're called movie trailers because one day the irate fans of a movie star, let's just say, uh, Clark Gable, decided they were fed up with not knowing anything about his upcoming movies. So they broke into the studio, stole Clark Here's trailer, and ran over a bunch of directors.

The studio decided to put out movie previews, calling them trailers, to commemorate the way those poor directors died.

That probably didn't happen.

It doesn't matter.

This isn't a movie trailer. It's a blog trailer.

For the past year or so, my blog has had no structure. Since I still am without such luxuries as a laptop that is capable of internet connection, that's kind of understandable. But the whole "a blog here, a blog there" thing really bothers me. So I'd like to start blogging on a regular basis again.

I mean, there might only be three people who read my blog, but I want to keep those three people happy.

What can you hope to see in the next few months?

-At least two blogs a week (I hope...and I'd like to have set days for these, but not sure yet if or how  that will work out)

-A "Fiction Friday" on the first Friday of every month (at least that's the plan for now)...including an upcoming guest post. And I might consider doing more of those....

-Less senseless updates about running

-More incoherent rambling about things God is teaching me

-More accurate information about things like movie trailers

Yeah, scratch that last.

No comments:

Post a Comment