Monday, March 26, 2012

Monday Blahg: Getting Back on Track

A funny thing happens when the internet breaks.  Life pretty much stops.

So it doesn't really, but it feels that way.

Of course, the entire internet didn't break, but apparently the magical internet box in my apartment was struck by lightning or something.  As nothing else seemed to be damaged, and it was all plugged into the same power strip, I don't think it was lightning. 

...really, I suspect Voldemort.

A nice wizard from the school of cable craft and wizardry came and brought us a new magical internet box, but that wasn't until Thursday.  Our internet was down on Saturday night.  Until Thursday.  That's like...a long time, yo.

So I took that as a sign to take off a week from the blogging universe. 
I know, I know.  I missed you, too. 

What happened while I was away?

--I had a birthday.  It was excellent and adventurous.  You can read all about it (including my terrifying encounter with a giant praying mantis and my even more terrifying encounter with a dude at Walmart) here.

--I volunteered for a race with The Second Wind.  By "volunteered" I mean that I got in the way a lot and generally confused anyone who asked me questions, but it was a lot of fun and I learned some of the stuff that goes on behind the scenes at racing events.

--I ran nine miles in one afternoon--my best yet.  I'm definitely getting there. 

--I finished reading A Million Suns by Beth Revis.  Can't wait till the final book in the trilogy comes out in January!!

--I gave blood.  It was kind of on an impulse.  I saw there was a blood drive.  I asked my boss if I could leave a little early so I could donate.  I was the last person to sign up and give--and there were no other donors there.  All of the workers were focused on me.  I was in and out in less than 45 minutes, which has got to be some kind of record.  I think the people were just tired and wanted to go home, so they didn't yell at me when I only spent five minutes at the "refreshment center."  They just shrugged and said, "If you feel okay, go home."  Given my awkward blood donation history, this most recent blood donation was pretty awesome.  I mean, as awesome as an experience can be when it involves being stabbed with needles.  But yeah, I'm pretty awesome at giving blood.  Just sayin'.

--I spent some quality time with some quality people.  I'm so blessed with friends (and their kids) !!!

--I saw "The Hunger Games" movie.  Expect to read more about that in this week's Fiction Friday blog.  I'll say no more for now.

--I probably gained back five pounds because I've been eating like a piggy.

My plans for this week:

--Getting back on track.

Yeah.  That's about it.  Seriously...the lack of internet thing threw my whole week off.  I need to get back on track with eating healthy.  I need to get back on track with editing.  I need to work on some job application stuff.  I need to just relax and spend some quality time with the Lord.  Honestly, I'm still struggling with putting my hope in other things besides Him.  I'm learning that renewing my focus, my mind, and my heart is a daily thing.  I need it, I need Him daily, moment by moment.

Well, happy Monday, and may the odds ever be in your favor. 

...or something like that.

1 comment:

  1. Strange how a minor detail can totally throw off our weeks. Good luck getting back on track.

    ReplyDelete