Monday, April 2, 2012

Monday Blahg: Free Timez Plz?

So...

My toe is blue. 

It's the middle toe of my left foot, just in case you wanted to know.

Why is it blue? 

Oh, my toe is blue because I majorly bruised it while running 9 miles this week.  It was 82 degrees outside during that run.  I didn't get sick.  That's a big deal for me.  I was sure I was going to get sick, because I always get sick when it's over 78 degrees.  But I didn't.  BOOYAH!  Take THAT environmental factors!

I thought about taking a pic of my blue toe and posting the pic on the blog...

...but I figured most of my readers wouldn't really want to see that.

In fact, I'll bet that a few of my readers didn't even want to read about my blue toe, but since I've already told you about it, I might as well continue.

I talked to some more experienced runners about my toe, and they said that it's very normal, but my toenail will probably fall off eventually!  YAY!  A sports injury!  A sports injury!

...I'm either really weird, or really awesome, or both at the same time.  You be the judge.

So when the blue toe thing is the "front page headliner" of my blog, you know the rest of my week was pretty lame.  What else did I do this week?

--I did see a Gilbert and Sullivan show.  Having a roomie who plays violin and can sometimes get me free tickets to shows she's playing in, yeah, that comes in handy.  I'm so spoiled.  The show was "Iolanthe," which was a wonderful combination of politics and...fairies.  It was imaginative and hilarous, and the music was lovely. 

--I pet a kitty.

--I also...uh...um...hmm...

Honestly, I don't remember much else from this week.  I think it's because I didn't do anything besides work.  I worked a lot.  And when I wasn't working, I was either running/exercising, watching live theater for free, petting kitties, or sleeping (and honestly, I didn't do as much of that as I wanted to do).  So...there wasn't much long-term productivity there, but every week can't be awesome.

But this week is Spring Break for my preschool AND the family I nanny for is going on vacation (the kids' Spring Break, too).  While I'm hoping to pick up some extra hours from the drop-in childcare center(s), I'm also kind of hoping to have at least one FULL day off.  Even if I can't have a full day off, it will be nice to only have work a few hours on some days.

Hmm.  What would I do with a full day off (or most of a day off)?


--Run ten miles?  Gotta try to do it this week anyway....

--FINALLY get back to editing my book?  I've really been slacking on that.

--Clean my room?  Definitely needs to be done. 

--Finish reading the book I'm eventually supposed to review, or at least make some progress with it.  I don't do well with books I'm supposed to be reviewing, because it's kind of like homework.  I don't want to do it because I have to do it.

--Scream and run in joyous circles because I have some blessed time off?

...it might be that last one.  I might spend all my free time rejoicing because I'll be so happy to have free time that I won't be able to contain my exuberance!  I will just go find a meadow somewhere and frolic!

...and then I'll be sad again because I wasted all that free time frolicking in some random meadow.  ...and my free time will be gone.

Happy Spring Break! 

And if it's not Spring Break for you, then, uh, well...Happy Regular-Type Monday and stuff.
Blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment