Friday, September 30, 2011

Fiction Friday: This Space for Rent

I've got a couple of confessions.

1) This isn't really Friday.  Yes, this will be published on a Friday, but I'm actually writing it on a Thursday night.  I've started doing that because my Fridays have been fairly hectic.  So if I've wanted to get the blog out before late Friday night, I've had to write it on Thursday night and schedule it for Friday morning.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, in my opinion.  Big time bloggers do it all the time.  In fact, if I were smart, I'd start writing TONS of Fiction Friday blogs and stockpiling them for moments like these.

2) This moment, and most other Thursday nights lately, have been difficult.  I've been dreading them.  It's because lately I've been having to rack my brain to come up with a topic.  It's not that I don't read fiction.  I definitely do.  But, for the most part, I've already blogged about the fiction that I want to blog about.  That's not to say that I won't want to write blogs on fiction in the future, but it's becoming clear to me that Fiction Friday is slowly dying. 

So I'm putting it out of its misery.

I think this is the beginning of some changes for this blog.  Sometimes I start thinking of myself as a bad blogger if I keep making changes, but maybe I've got the wrong attitude about it.  My life keeps changing, so maybe the way I blog should also change.  And, if things go the way I'm hoping, I might have a new "real" blog soon, and I'll be devoting a little more time to that.

I won't be getting rid of this blog, though.  I need a place to blog about what's going on in my life.  I need a place to just write something random that makes me feel happy.  Sometimes I even need a place to write about a work of fiction that I love/hate/think about.  I just don't necessarily need to do that in an alliterative weekly fashion.

I still plan on blogging mainly on just Sundays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.  It's been a pretty good system, and I've gotten used to it.  Sundays are the updates of what's going on in my life and writing.  Wednesdays are kind of a wild card where I blog about whatever I feel like at the time.  I'm just not sure what to do with Fridays, at the moment.

I'll let you know when I figure that out.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment