Friday, November 11, 2011

Fill-in-the-Blank Friday: Ten Minutes

I have ten minutes to write a blog. 

What should I write about?

I could write about what I could do with these ten minutes besides write a blog.

Hmm.

I could almost jog a whole mile.

I could make a pot of tea.

I could knit about ten-fifteen rows of a scarf.

I could read a chapter of a book.

I could make an omelette.

I could take a short power nap.

I could take a few moments and appreciate the warm sunshine on this cold morning.

I could write a note to a friend.

I could make a list of possible blog topics so I won't find myself last-minute blogging again.

I could go to my room and try in vain to do something else to control my out of control hair.

I could make some toast.  Twice.

It doesn't take a lot of time to do things, really.  I think the key to regaining my passion for my writing is going to be found minute by minute.  I often think that if I don't have hours to spend on a task, then I shouldn't do it.  But today, I plan on giving at least ten minutes over to my old friends: the stories I've allowed to marinate in the bowels of my jump drive for far too long.

What can you do with ten minutes?

No comments:

Post a Comment