Monday, January 16, 2012

Monday Blahg: Pansy Ankle...among other things

Phew!  Last week was busy.  I had my first day off in two weeks yesterday, and it was MARVELOUS! 

Things I accomplished last week:

--Finished reading a book (second read-through) AND wrote a review on it.
--Successfully began my diet/exercise regimen, restricting extra calories so I'd get a good start on things.  I think I went a little too low on calorie intake this week.  I lost about 5 pounds, which is too much, even for the first week.  So that means I get to eat more!  Hooray food!  I also hurt my ankle (just a little) while running (it was just really sore/achy).  I badly sprained that ankle about 8 years ago, and apparently my ankle is now a pansy.
--I started and finished knitting a scarf for "The Princess" (7 yr old I watch), who requested a "purple, yellow, red, green, and blue" scarf.  I asked her if she wanted a rainbow scarf.  She said, "Yes.  So NO pink, because pink isn't in the rainbow."  So I found some rainbow yarn (w/out pink) and made a scarf.
--I made a spreadsheet that will hopefully help me keep up with my writing and editing, as well as my efforts towards getting published.  I'm not sure this spreadsheet is the best format, but it's a work in progress.
--I kinda sorta cleaned my room, but not really.  I utilized the "shove everything under the bed" method. 

Things I want to try to accomplish this week:
--I plan to contact a couple people about the website I'm working on.  I need their help if it's going to happen, so I've got to be proactive about talking to them.
--I plan to contact someone about recording a music project--and will hopefully set a time when I can actually get something recorded.  I need a deadline to work towards!
--I plan on completing the second read-through of one of my friend's books.
--I plan on starting another scarf for "The Diva" (the 10 year old).  She has requested light blue and yellow.
--I plan on beginning the tedious process of editing my second novel.
--I plan on continuing the diet/exercise plan, making adjustments as needed.  My ultimate goals in dieting this year are first to get back to the weight I was before I started gaining again, AND to learn how to maintain that weight.  I'm trying to determine an average of how many calories I burn each week, and compare that with the average calories I eat in a week.  These numbers need to be pretty close, because I'm tired of the dieting yo-yo.
--I plan on going to one of those running stores that measures you for shoes and evaluates your running style to see what kind of extra support you need.  My old shoes are cheap and just aren't cutting it.  That might be one of the reasons my ankle keeps being a pansy.  If I'm going to run a half marathon this year, I'm going to have to start taking better care of my feet.  Can't have my ankle pansying out on me around mile 12....

So, with the things I want to accomplish, I realize that sometimes things just don't go as planned.  There are going to be things that happen this week that I don't expect, for which I can't plan.  There are going to be interruptions and things that deter me from completing my tasks.  I just want to have a written guideline of things I hope to accomplish (all the while keeping in mind that my true Hope is in God).  I also hope that posting them in a blog helps me feel a little more accountable to someone.  I don't think I'm going to accomplish all my weekly goals EVERY week, but I'm going to put forth an honest effort.  It's just that God's often got His own agenda with what He wants to do with my life, so I've got to keep an open mind about what I do with my time.  One of my New Year's Resolutions is to be more flexible.  (Good luck with THAT, Ruth.  Stop talking to yourself in your blog, Ruth.)

What are some of your goals, dreams, plans, hopes for 2012?

Happy Monday, and may your ankles be strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment