Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sunday Sum Up: Day of Awesome

"Let me 'splain.  No, there is too much.  Let me sum up."  -Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride, by William Goldman

What happened this week?  I don't know.  All I remember was yesterday, which was probably somewhere in the top 25 of the best days of my life.  Here's how it went:

-Woke up. 6:30. Ate a protein bar.  That doesn't sound exciting, but woo boy!  Those Zone Perfect Dark Chocolate Strawberry bars are in-freakin-credible. 

-Read some chapters of Isaiah.  Mainly prophetic ones.  About Jesus.  And how it was too small a thing for our BIG God to redeem only Israel.  Good stuff.

-Met with my running group.  I didn't have to go to work yesterday, so I stayed longer than usual and ran five miles, and probably could have gone longer if I really wanted to.  I'm feeling much more comfortable with the idea of that 10K now.

-Didn't go to work.  I love Saturdays at RTK, but seriously, getting a Saturday off every once in a while is nice, too.

-Got ready for PenNate's wedding.  My hair refused to cooperate, so I put it in the "bun of shame."

-Went to PenNate's wedding.  Penny and Nate have been my good friends for about 5 years, give or take a few months.  I've seen them grow in godliness as God has brought them together.  It was such a joy to be able to experience their wedding with them.

-Served cake (not wedding cake, but the other cakes at the dessert table) at PenNate's reception.  Okay, so I butchered cakes at PenNate's wedding reception.  This (among other reasons) is why people shouldn't let me play with knives.

-Watched PenNate drive away!  Yay bubbles!

-Helped take down stuff from PenNate's wedding.

-Started thinking WAY too much about what I want to do with/for/at my wedding/reception if I ever get married.  Seriously...I've been in enough weddings and helped with enough weddings to know that they're so much work, but I kinda want to be a bride.  They make it look so much fun  So yeah.  I've decided.  I'm getting married.  Any takers?  I'm accepting applications.  As previously noted, any man close to the age of 30 with mad guitar skills, a love of fuzzy kitty cats, a well-paying job and/or a rich uncle who's about to die, and a Scottish and/or Australian accent will get special consideration.  Anyone?  Anyone? Bueller?

-Stood around talking to two guy friends after the wedding and ended up going to Taco Bell with them.  We drove separately, and I ended up getting there at the same time as one of my friends.  We entered the restaurant together and he commented that it looked like we were on a date.  Which became a running joke I'll probably write about on my Socially Awkward Adventures blog.

-Had "THE WORST DATE EVER."  Which was actually a lot of fun.

-Went home and crashed.

-Realized I'd left tons of stuff in the car.  Uncrashed.  Got stuff out of my car.  Went inside.  Recrashed.

This week, I really need to do some work on my various creative projects.  Please, if you see me, ask me if I've asked people to help me with my projects, because that's really what I think I need to do this week.  I hate asking people for stuff, but lately lots of people have wanted to help me.  I think God's teaching me humility as He teaches me trust.  Overwhelmed by the love of my friends and the love of my God!

1 comment:

  1. I have thought several times about introducing you to a friend of mine... However, he is not perfect and you are. :) (I am only sorta joking about him) We love you.

    ReplyDelete